Grey Conservation and Community Assocation 2017 Annual General Meeting
Date: Saturday, 15 April 2017
Time: 2pm (Registration and payment of dues from 1pm)
Venue: Grey – Neil and Gary’s Shed (behind the old telephone box)
The AGM will be followed by a sausage sizzle (BYO drinks)
With DPaW claiming to have all their site surveys completed, 2017 will be a pivotal year. for the Grey community Hopefully the new Labor government will follow through with their support for our planning and tourism proposals.
With the importance of the coming year set to be greater than ever we are aiming to optimise both our membership and committee members.
Do you know of a shack at Grey not represented by our Association? Can you do your bit to rally them to join us?
We encourage you all to think about nominating for the 2017-18 GCCA Committee. Our committee works tirelessly, and we could really do with some extra hands and fresh faces to share the load.
All positions are to be declared vacant at the AGM, nominations are open for:
(c) Secretary/Treasurer or a Secretary
(e) not less than TWO (2) and not more than FIVE (5) other members of the Association.
If you are interest in nominating for a position on the committee, please email P.Sheppard@curtin.edu.au or email@example.com with details of the position you want to nominate for, as per the above list.
There is a three-stage process for electing a committee:
1. Nominate or be nominated before the AGM
2. If there are gaps at the AGM, a call will be made for additional nominations only to fill gaps
3. If more than one person is nominated for a position, we’ll formally vote on candidates
If you don’t want to be formally on the committe, we are still very keen to obtain help from anyone able to help out.
In particular, we are looking for those with knowledge, expertise or a flair for:
- Secretarial tasks – someone with admin experience
- Merchandising management (including online sales)
- Branding and marketing – particularly website management
- Planning – particularly coastal and foreshore development planning and legal
- Environmental management
- Heritage assessment/management